Thursday, December 2, 2010

The loving kindness exercise

After listening to the practice of loving kindness, I found it to be very helpful in learning how to deal with some of the broken relationships in my life. As I pictured a loved one that is close to me that was suffering, for every breath that I took in, that persons suffering made me feel overwhelmed and I wanted to cry. As I exhaled I wished that person healing, happiness, and health. It is amazing how someones suffering can negativity effect us. After the second or third step I felt like I was at the ocean, I even had feelings within me that felt like they were being washed away. The step that made you think of your enemies, by the time I finished that step, my breaths were not as deep and I was able to breath in and out the words health, happiness and love and didn't the hate and anger that was within my heart. I believe this exercise will be very beneficial to help to learn how to forgive and love people that we don't want to love for all the pain or hurt they may have caused.

Mental workout is just our daily commitment of practice of changing emotions and psychospiritual to the point of complete happiness, health and wholeness.Research shows there proven benefits of a mental work out, that although is may temporarily provide ease and comfort, the goal is to progress and expand consciousness and healing that stays with us all the time, everyday. Daily routines of implementation can foster psychological health by setting the time and place everyday in a comfortable position to focus on your thoughts, do a spiritual devotion or exercise such as yoga/mediation to relax the mind-body-spirit.My daily mental workout is spending time reading the bible, it is like my medicine and do a 45 minute workout, I feel so relaxed and stress free, the workout even helps me to get rid of frustrations and anger that may be built up over time. I believe a mental work out is something that we should all take time everyday to do, even if it is for 15 mins.  

3 comments:

  1. Finding what works for each individual to increase their loving kindness, release emotional baggage and heal themselves is what should be taught as a child. How far could we have come if we had been given tools to help our inner lives? These exercises not only help us, but by helping ourselves we help others. Touching just one life can reach around the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I tried the exercise I guess because I could not focus. So I tried it at another time and it seemed to relax and make me feel better about loving kindnessd. It did make me a bit sad but I was feeling things I had not felt in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what is weird for me is that ever since I did the exercise I have felt differently about things the past couple of days... I believe I was able to release some emotions that I have been holding onto for a while that was crippling me. I am going to try to incorporate this exercise into my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete