Sunday, December 19, 2010

Unit 6 loving Kindness and Integral Assessment

I feel the first loving kindness exercise was more effective. For me I have many unresolved issues that I feel I have not taken care of because of having so much hope they would get better, mostly in my relationship. Being able to actually take in the suffering and breathing out the negativity, I was able to feel free at the end of the exercise. You can pray and wish for individuals to be free from suffering and gain health, happiness and wholeness, but that doesn't mean it is going to happen. Mental health issues, pain and hurt from a bad childhood, or a divorce can leave someone not able to deal with their emotions for a long time and can actual make that person bitter for the rest of their life. Since taking this class, I have really evaluated my life and have been able to see that certain things have kept me upset, stressed and depressed. I want to work more on my spirituality, health through getting back to exercising ( I have taken a break during the holidays lol) and to begin to create a more positive environment for myself and my kids. My spiritual devotion is the first exercise that I incorporate into my daily routine that makes me stable. This year has been the toughest one that I have went through and it seems as if the more things that happen, the more I grew closer to God, for once I am excited about my life. The statement "walking through a storm" means just that I am "walking" through it and it will soon be over. I feel proud of myself for the changes I am making and it encourages me even more to look deeper in the root of the problems that has kept me from flourishing. I have even been trying to laugh more... watching comedy movies or playing with my kids more and cherishing them why they are young.

6 comments:

  1. I am with you on the first loving kindness excercise seemed more effective than this one. And I love this class also. It has really helped me focus and relax more. I seem to be able to focus on my studies more even though the holidays are at hand and all the excitement and chores that come with the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    Remember we have discovered in class that we must choose the battles we wish to fight. We can start with the little ones and then lead up to the huge ones and for those which seem insurrmountable we can always ask for help from a peer(classmate)of fellow healthcare professional. LOL. It is amazing as to how much energy you can unharness from those burdens of reactivity we carry around with us on a daily basis. We have discovered in our classes that we must choose the battles with which we will conquer on our own and we can always ask for help on those tremenous burdens we wish to leave behind. We can always just ask for help to get it. We have also seen how we can unharness this energy just by taking a little fraction of time out for ourselves to release and meditate by ourselves to makes these releases possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela,
    I am with you on, this class has allowed me to open my eyes up to so many things. I tend to carry my burdens around for years rather than dealing with them and getting rid of them. I believe you can't help someone if you are not able to help yourself. This exercise didn't turn out the way I expected but it has opened up my eyes to things that I wasn't seeing before. I have always told myself if god brings you to it, he will see you through it because one way or another I do get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela,
    I agree with you regarding this exercise, although beneficial, I found the previous loving-kindness exercise more effective. This class as been a great stepping stone for understanding and bettering ourselves. Hope you have a bless holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angela, I am definitely with you on trying to laugh more. This class has really shown me how serious I have been taking life but, then again in the wrong way as well. I have been beating my head into the walls trying to recoup from financial devastation and rebuild. It was two years of nothing then I relocate, start this class and using the practices I have achieved more in the past two months than in the past two and a half years. Doing the assessment really showed me that I have been very rigid, lost and stressing my point to paralysis in life and I am just now really trying to open up to things like comedy, laughing, having fun, and putting those above whatever bills may be piling up beside me.

    Best Wishes
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Angela, I also found the other loving kindness exercise more beneficial but I did not care too much for that one either. I think we all need to be ready for many of these practices we are learning in this class before they will help us. Great and honest blog!

    ReplyDelete